The start of the New Year is the perfect time to share our accomplishments for 2016 and plans for the year ahead.
2016 Was a Year of Technology Change and Transition.
Three topics were top-of-mind for almost every customer in 2016: Security, Virtualization and Cloud Adoption. Gartner analysts said that 22 % of their clients expect to deploy cloud-based identity governance in 2017, driven by a goal of taking a cloud-first strategy Companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Salesforce, and VMware led cloud, security and virtualization growth with ever increasing adoption numbers.
As more and more customers adopted and expanded their cloud-based solutions, the more they realized that moving to the cloud introduces a new measure of complexity. This complexity introduces new challenges related to the increased security risks, costs, and compliance requirements while trying to provide Identity and Access Governance (IAG) across multiple systems. These technology changes and transitions led to 2016 being the Year of Hybrid Identity Management. In 2016, we introduced ServiceControl to help customers begin to solve their hybrid identity challenges across multiple cloud-based and legacy on-premises systems.
2016 saw more and more of our customers coming to us to solve their Hybrid Identity challenges. Customers shared with us their need for solutions to be able to better monitor, analyze, provision and protect their hybrid systems and allow them to pursue growth. And it is these challenges that made 2016 a pivotal turning point for ServiceControl. We responded to our customers’ needs by migrating our successful eControl tool to a new release of ServiceControl. ServiceControl introduced a completely new business process-enabling, workflow-driven framework and platform to deliver identity access control and management across multiple systems. Our primary focus for 2016 was to simplify Azure AD and Office 365 management while continuing to manage critical on-premises systems. 2016 was a busy, successful and exciting year for ServiceControl and our customers.
2016 was a year of new solutions and new staff members.
We welcomed three new people to our leadership team:
- Nicole Bray joined us in August as our new Marketing Manager and Social Media Guru. Nicole has been busy focusing on sharing our new mission and vision, telling our unique brand story, refreshing our website, and building our online communities as we further establish our leadership in Hybrid Identity Management.
- Saher Ghattas joined us in September as Director of Sales. Saher is focused on engaging with Microsoft Partners and Service Providers whose customers need new and innovative solutions to manage and solve their growth problems. Saher took on the Product Owner role to manage the ServiceControl road map, starting with the January 30, 2017 release of ServiceControl 4.0. Saher is driving the direction for future product development based the increasingly complex needs of our customers and partner and how we can best support them on their journey to business success through the cloud.
- Gordon Welling returned in August 2016 after a couple of years’ hiatus with our sister company, Riva International, Inc. (www.rivacrmintegration.com). Gordon now serves as the Product Manager and Scrum Master for the development team. Gordon’s top priorities are to align our development plans with customer and partner requests, achieve our roadmap, and helps customers understand how ServiceControl will grow as their hybrid identity management needs mature over time.
In addition to growing our team, a number of customer-driven process changes were applied to improve the quality of our sales, success, and technical support:
- The ServiceControl Knowledge Base was refreshed to reflect ServiceControl’s new workflow-enabled management fabric. With the release of ServiceControl 4.0, eControl and its legacy Knowledge Base articles will move to “end-of-life”. As part of the ServiceControl 4.0 launch, you can expect to see new sections that reflect our customer and partner’s support requirements.
- Getting access to our Success and Support teams has never been easier. We moved all customer support interactions and processes to ZenDesk. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How will ServiceControl help you grow in 2017?
Here is a bit of what you will see in 2017:
- ServiceControl Product Development – We will continue to respond to customer priorities by enhancing ServiceControl to support a wider spectrum of cloud-based services and technologies, adding support for private clouds, and improving customers’ ability to create custom and automated workflows. We will examine other improvements that better support our customers’ needs and our overall vision for shared growth.
- Reaching More Clients – ServiceControl is one of the “best kept secrets” in solving Hybrid Identity Access Management challenges. We will continue to expand our sales team by adding new Regional Sales Managers in North America. Are you interested in joining our team? Check out Regional Sales Managers, various positions for details.
- Refreshing our Partnership Program – Our partner focus in 2017 is to realign our partnership program to improve how partners can reach into more organizations that need cost effective and efficient identity access management controls. We will launch a new Partner Portal that will include providing online tools to register and manage leads and request customization work from the ServiceControl technology team. We will deliver improved tools to help train your sales and marketing teams, technology specialists and service administrators. Are you interested in becoming a ServiceControl Partner? Submit a partner application and our partner team will reach out to you.
We invite you to circle January 30th on your 2017 calendar – the public release date of ServiceControl 4.0.
Here are some of the highlights of the newest version:
- Support for Azure AD including Office 365 Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online and Skype Server 2013;
- Full support for AD and Exchange 2013 on-premises.
- Support for other LDAP and messaging systems including eDirectory and GroupWise 2014;
- A new workflow engine that simplifies and enables account creation and management processes across multiple on-premises and cloud-based systems;
- Support to run ServiceControl in the Azure Cloud or on Windows 2012 R2;
and more …
Keep an eye out for new product release announcements as we add new systems and features to ServiceControl.
Here’s to 2017 being another record-breaking year for the ServiceControl team and our customers!